[SOLVED] USB Headset With RJ Phone

Feb 25, 2021
I am trying to use a gaming (USB) headset with my Cisco 8841 phone for work. My work headset currently is an RJ9/11/22 (not sure which, but I have read they are all basically the same?) but it is incredibly uncomfortable. I have a few types of USB headsets that I game with and they are far more comfortable. Anyway, I cannot seem to find an adapter anywhere that converts my USB headset into an RJ phone jack. The best I can find is two different adapters , one that has a male USB on one end and a male RJ22 on the other, and a dual female USB adapter to bridge the headset and the first adapter. But I don't really want to spend the money to get these shipped if it has no chance of working. My only concern would be if the RJ jack can power the headset. I find it hard to believe that it is impossible to use a proper headset on this phone, but I have scoured the internet for the past three days and can't seem to find anyone ever doing this. Anyone able to give me any insight into what options I have for this?

RJ12 connection for your headset is analogue audio. USB headsets are "slave" USB devices, which needs to be plugged into a "master" - computer, phone, tablet etc. So, if such an "adapter" existed - it would be basically a "PC", with analogue audio interface (headphone, microphone) plugged into RJ12, and USB interface for you headset, plus required power supply.

In two words - stop searching. You'll have better success finding a "soft" phone application for your computer, instead of your 8841

Reactions: Coletrain91
RJ12 connection for your headset is analogue audio. USB headsets are "slave" USB devices, which needs to be plugged into a "master" - computer, phone, tablet etc. So, if such an "adapter" existed - it would be basically a "PC", with analogue audio interface (headphone, microphone) plugged into RJ12, and USB interface for you headset, plus required power supply.

In two words - stop searching. You'll have better success finding a "soft" phone application for your computer, instead of your 8841

Reactions: Coletrain91

ASK THE COMMUNITY