USB headset

lifes46

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
Hello,
I am using Plantronics usb headset...it say unable to install and at same time my hp laptop it say no base system driver...can help me fix?

Solution
looking at the plantronics site was useless and the link to the faq was ungodly huge, so i am just c&ping

Question
What devices should be listed in the Device Manager of my Computer?
Answer

The drivers required for your Plantronics USB headset should load automatically - no software required. The follwing drivers should appear in your Device Manager:

Under Human Interface Devices:

HID-compliant consumer control device
USB Human Interface Device

Under Sound, Video, and Game Controllers:

USB Audio Device
After you plug in your headset, you should also find "Bulk Driver” or “Plantronics Headset” or “USB/Audio Adapter"

To Locate the Device Manager:

Windows Vista or 7: Click Start, and then click...

humphreybot

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011
looking at the plantronics site was useless and the link to the faq was ungodly huge, so i am just c&ping

Question
What devices should be listed in the Device Manager of my Computer?
Answer

The drivers required for your Plantronics USB headset should load automatically - no software required. The follwing drivers should appear in your Device Manager:

Under Human Interface Devices:

HID-compliant consumer control device
USB Human Interface Device

Under Sound, Video, and Game Controllers:

USB Audio Device
After you plug in your headset, you should also find "Bulk Driver” or “Plantronics Headset” or “USB/Audio Adapter"

To Locate the Device Manager:

Windows Vista or 7: Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Double-click the System icon, and then click Device Manager on the left hand side of the screen.
Windows 2000 and XP: Click Start, Settings, and then click Control Panel. Double-click the System icon. Click the Hardware tab, and then click the Device Manager button.

Solution

lifes46

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
True, Plantronic website is useless. When i pluged in the usb, my headset got power light turned on but in device manager it say unknown device. I tried update driver it say u got the latest. Seems nothing much can do on this. Btw thanks for the reply.