Question Usb hub with dc power in destroy my laptop

Nov 23, 2019
I recently bought a usb hub with dc power in for my laptop. Everything works just fine when i connect the usb hub, but then i insert the dc adapter for it, my laptop just crash and shut down. When i turn back on, it shows black screen but the led shows laptop is on, usb is working and the fan are running. Need help please, do you guys know what is happening? How to fix this?

My laptop USB port got zapped once, forgot exactly how, but it resolved itself in a couple days. There are self-resetting polyfuses in there and they needed time to reset. However, my laptop still booted up ok, just the USB port didn't work. Your situation sounds like there could be a bit more damage, but hopefully it's just similar to my scenario and it just needs time. What do mean when you say the USB is working? How do you know it is transferring data if there is only a black screen?

Reactions: Marshall1997
Nov 23, 2019
My laptop USB port got zapped once, forgot exactly how, but it resolved itself in a couple days. There are self-resetting polyfuses in there and they needed time to reset. However, my laptop still booted up ok, just the USB port didn't work. Your situation sounds like there could be a bit more damage, but hopefully it's just similar to my scenario and it just needs time. What do mean when you say the USB is working? How do you know it is transferring data if there is only a black screen?
I tested my usb to charge my phone and it charged. So i think my usb port work fine i guess. I'll try and wait couple of days and see what happen. Thank you so much