Question USB is preventing computer to turn off or enter sleep mode

TyrisWH

Honorable
Jun 21, 2016
Hello everyone,

I am encountering the issue that my computer won't turn off or enter sleep mode.

I figured out that this issue only happens whenever my speaker(Edifier S3000 Pro) connects with a USB A to a USB B cable.
My computer will turn off the display or enter sleep mode whenever it connects to my speaker via Bluetooth or turns off the speaker.

Could anyone please guide me to resolve this issue?

I figured out that this issue only happens whenever my speaker(Edifier S3000 Pro) connects with a USB A to a USB B cable.

Try to identify the USB Hub that your speaker is connected to and make sure that the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" box is checked.

59zqAts.jpeg

TyrisWH

Honorable
Jun 21, 2016
Try to identify the USB Hub that your speaker is connected to and make sure that the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" box is checked.

59zqAts.jpeg

I have checked 3 of my USB Root Hub (USB 3.0), and all of them have "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" checked.

TyrisWH

Honorable
Jun 21, 2016
I think that there still is an audio activity between the computer and the speaker.

Please check if you have some background voice apps that are running like VLC streaming, Windows's Cortana service...

May I know how to check is there is any application running in the background?