Question USB Keyboard and G500 mouse not acting right on Hackintosh X58 High Sierra, need PCIE->USB3 adapter?

KarlJay

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
I've been using the same exact system for years. Went from Sierra -> High Sierra and after 2 months the mouse has problems then the keyboard has problems. Booted Win7 to test the mouse/keyboard and they work (mouse is not great, but does work).

I had USB3 problems with Sierra and now with High Sierra, so I'm thinking of trying a PCIE -> USB3 adapter.

Just need to know which ones would work with High Sierra Hackintosh.

I know someone did this before, I just can't find that thread.

I would expect more issues long term trying to run the keyboard and mouse through a PCI-e to USB 3 adapter, and that's if you can even get it to work at all. Those adapters are almost guaranteed to have their own USB 3 controllers on board and if MacOS doesn't natively support it, you might find it even tougher to get it working that way.

KarlJay

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
I would expect more issues long term trying to run the keyboard and mouse through a PCI-e to USB 3 adapter, and that's if you can even get it to work at all. Those adapters are almost guaranteed to have their own USB 3 controllers on board and if MacOS doesn't natively support it, you might find it even tougher to get it working that way.

That's the reason for asking in advance because I'm hoping to find someone that has done this. I read a post from someone that had done this last year.

I know that my board has a history of not working with macOS and USB 3, so some have bypassed the board with an adapter, I just need to know which adapter to get.