USB keyboard and mouse non Functioning after booting in windows 7 64bit

Explosean

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011
The USB ports work only in Bios. I have tried booting in safe mode and with a normal boot, i just get stuck at the password screen.
How do i deal with this problem if i have do not have a ps2 mouse port on my motherboard?

My other problem is that all my data is on a striped raid configuration and probably not that easy to access otherwise i'd pull the hd and retreive the info. Most of my data has been backed up, but i do have some work data that i need.

Thanks for any help.

Explosean

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011

Hey man, thanks for the suggestion but i do have 2 usb mice and neither work once the computer boots

Explosean

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011

Yup it is enabled and yes it is strange .
I think its a windows update to blame "That's a Shocker !"
Still leaves me up the creek though

Picking up a USB mouse would be a better option. In many cases, I have seen those adapters not work properly. When they are plugged in, the mouse is simply never detected. If you don't need anything fancy, a basic USB mouse may actually be cheaper to buy as well.

Explosean

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011

Thanks man but i only have a usb mouse .I have 1 ps2 keyboard port , with a usb adapter and usb keyboard plugged in but still nothing

Haha... wow, I totally misread the thread. My apologies.

I'm assuming your keyboard is also USB? If so, does it work while you're in the BIOS? If not, have you considered opening the case and either shorting out the BIOS reset jumpers or removing the CMOS battery for a few minutes to allow the BIOS settings to reset themselves? The defaults in the BIOS should allow the keyboard and mouse to work.

Explosean

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011

no probs in bios at all everything is a ok , i currently have 1 usb mouse , 1 usb keyboard and one usb keyboard with usb-ps2 adapter plugged in

virtualdanger

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Hi,

So were you able to resolve the issue?

I'm having the exact same problem, wherein the USB Mouse, and USB Keyboard work in the BIOS, but not once Windows boots.

Please let me know of how you got past this.

Regards,

Ajay