USB keyboard doesnt work during boot win10

evilrid

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
Im using this keyboard http://www.zalman.com/contents/products/view.html?no=279, which it has couple of programmable buttons, so i head over to the manufacturer website and downloaded the software that can customize those buttons for my needs.

It`s plugged in the top left usb port, which is a 3.0.

So i downloaded the program, installed it as 64bit, i customized the buttons as i like, everything works fine... then i shutdown the pc.

On the next power-on i noticed that it hangs during boot on my motherboard splash screen for a at least 1 minute and it after that boots normally, everything works fine.

So i uninstalled the software right away but this hanging during boot stayed on.
My motherboard is GA-AB350-Gaming 3 (rev. 1.0), using WIndows 10.
I tried to put the keyboard in usb 3.1 and it works like before, the systems boots up in ~20 seconds like before, except now you cant enter in bios, because the shortcut list that you can see normaly where it tells you what button to press if you want to enter bios or boot menu or sys information (or anything like that depending on the motherboard) doesnt show up.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Solution
I reinstalled the software for modding the gaming buttons, and i saw that it still keeps my settings that i have made before uninstalling, so i just restored the settings to default, which means every gaming key unbind and after that i restarted and now i can use my keyboard to get in bios.

This can be closed now.

evilrid

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
I reinstalled the software for modding the gaming buttons, and i saw that it still keeps my settings that i have made before uninstalling, so i just restored the settings to default, which means every gaming key unbind and after that i restarted and now i can use my keyboard to get in bios.

This can be closed now.

Solution