Feb 17, 2022
hello everyone

Can you help me if possible following:

In my company, the technical support area needed to put a BIOS password on all the computers, but half of the employees work from home, how would it be possible for the technicians to connect from the main office through the Internet to the computers? the smartphone could be used to emulate a USB keyboard and connect it to the computer or a keyboard with a robotic button controlled from the internet,

I appreciate any ideas you can give me, thank you very much

Solution
hello everyone

In my company, the technical support area needed to put a BIOS password on all the computers, but half of the employees work from home, how would it be possible for the technicians to connect from the main office through the Internet to the computers? the smartphone could be used to emulate a USB keyboard and connect it to the computer or a keyboard with a robotic button controlled from the internet,

Swap all the PCs for the remote workers. Worker 1 gets a configured PC and sends in theirs. That PC gets updated and sent to remote worker 2, etc.
hello everyone

This is odd, they set a BIOS PW on remote employees that the employees don't know with half the workers at home? That is one of the dumbest thing I have heard an IT department do, you need to reboot or shut down the computers. What they did is the wrong way to lock down a system from getting used, they need to encrypt the computers not set a BIOS PW.

kanewolf

Titan
hello everyone

Swap all the PCs for the remote workers. Worker 1 gets a configured PC and sends in theirs. That PC gets updated and sent to remote worker 2, etc.

Solution