Status
Not open for further replies.

xLINDSEYx

Honorable
May 19, 2015
Hello,

I have a USB Corsair k70 RGB rapid fire keyboard that I've had for awhile. Recently the keyboard has started not fully turning on with the rest of my PC when I boot it up. My mouse and monitor both work, and the keyboard is receiving power because the number lock light lights up when the PC turns on, meaning the keyboard has power, but the rest of the keyboard doesn't and is unresponsive. None of the keys work or light up with the LEDs. A restart doesn't fix it either, the only work around I've found is physically unplugging and re-plugging in the keyboard. I've tried googling this problem already but all I can find is stuff about laptop keyboards not working with windows 10 which isn't my issue. One thing I did find was to change the startup options for my PC in the bios but that was a 10 year old post about windows XP and I don't the order in which my PC boots is the issue because everything gets powered (though if anyone could tell me how to check this I can look), including the keyboard. Another solution I tried already is unplugging power hungry USB devices. The only things plugged into my PC now are my mouse, keyboard, and headset. I also made sure the keyboard and mouse were able "to wake up my pc" in the settings, and checked to make sure the drivers were updated. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. The keyboard has 2 USBs that need to be plugged in to work and has never had issues before. Only within the last week or 2 did it suddenly start having issues. It could have something to do with the last forced Windows update I had to install? Or maybe the cord is going bad or something? I doubt it's the cord since this problem only ever happens on boot. It never stops working while I'm mid use. If anyone can help, it'd be much appreciated.

Hope you all had good holidays!

PC specs for reference:

OS- Windows 10 Home
Keyboard- Corsair k70 Rapidfire RGB
Mouse- Logitec G600
CPU- Intel i7-7700k 4.2GHz
GPU- Geforce GTX 1070
RAM- 16GB

Status
Not open for further replies.