[SOLVED] USB keyboards stopped working (windows 10 x64 home)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David_647

Honorable
Mar 12, 2017
On Friday evening my G19 (which had been problematic) stopped working. However I managed to use a small wireless keyboard as backup thinking the G19 was broken; however I've checked and the G19 works fine in my BIOS.
This evening I restarted my PC and the wireless USB one stopped working as well (I changed the batteries to make sure the keyboard was down and that the batteries hadn't died), I do (luckily) have an ancient PS-2 keyboard that does still work, though the cable isn't particularly long and as such it's next to useless in my living room setup (except for a "last ditch" emergency keyboard when everything goes wrong.
A lot of guides tell me to uninstall updates, or turn on filter keys then restart (restarting after turning on filterkeys stopped the wireless one from working, turning filter keys off and restarting hasn't fixed the problem) the wireless keyboard's 2.4ghz receiver does make the "device installed" sound and even worked for about ten seconds upon restarting, after which it went back to being unresponsive.

I uninstalled the security update I got on Friday (when the G19 stopped working) but it hasn't fixed anything.

The G19's RGB backlight system and screen are working and giving real-time readouts from Hwinfo64, but the keyboard refuses to type, however I can choose the screen apps on it and the like, as if it's only being allowed one way communication.

Any help would be great and really appreciated.

PS: I upgraded from win7 to win10 about a week ago.

David_647

Honorable
Mar 12, 2017

Yeah, turned out it was SCPtoolkit acting up (It's a program that lets you use dual shock 3 controllers on your PC over Bluetooth), no idea what went wrong, uninstalling the drivers from the program's UI (a very simple thing to do, thankfully) fixed it, then changing USB ports and reinstalling hasn't caused the issue to return. Not yet anyway. SCO drivers were always problematic.

If you're using SCPtoolkit it may be the problem.

I'll lost this as the solution to my problem, I hope you find one to yours.

Edit: Appears I can't list my problem as solved. If you're subscribed to this thread just reply and I'll list you as the solution.

Thanks for everyone's help. Shoulda guessed it was SCP Toolkit however. Guess I know now.

Status
Not open for further replies.