USB Lag During Gaming Situations

Shawnerz

Reputable
Jul 17, 2015
Operating system: Win 10
i7-4790k
Intel 4600 Onboard graphics
Asus z97-A.
Keyboard: Blackweb Back lit gaming keyboard.

Hello. I am having a really odd issue that is hardly noticeable but i'm very curious as to what could be causing this? I have never encountered anything like this so get ready. After booting up the pc everything works fine but when I'm playing games competitively I notice some "input lag" until I unplug either the keyboard or the mouse and plug it back in.

My keyboard is around 4KRO and if i spam some keys or type really fast letters, are missing and sometimes it is slow to pick up, however, whenever I unplug the keyboard and plug it back in this "input lag" goes away and it goes from about 35ms response time to 5ms. The choppyness of the keys goes away as well. You can hardly tell any difference but I feel the lag when it happens. Sometimes I don't have to replug the keyboard or mouse in. It all depends on after I boot up the pc. This issue never usually happens with the mouse and it is more frequent with the keyboard. After replugging the keyboard in all the "input lag" goes away until I boot the computer up once more. I have looked all over and have not found any useful information regarding this issue. Is it possible that it could be a faulty driver? Im fairly certain its not the keyboard because I moved it to a different computer and I don't have the same issue. I have dealt with this issue ever since I got the computer in late 2015, but I never really found the time to resolve it as I didn't really need to. Any information will be helpful to me.

Thanks, Jake

Update: I ordered a Razer Ornata Chroma that will come next week, so we'll see if that fixes the problem.

Edited thread body to include punctuation, grammar and spacing to improve comprehension.
Lutfij

Solution
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, list your specs as:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
PS:
Peripherals/Audio equipment:

On the matter about about specs, can you state the exact model for your keyboard? It seems BlackWeb have a range of backlit keyboards. The point you made about seeing the issue, does it only occur when you game or with any XYZ number of random boot ups? You also mentioned the "culprit" keyboard was moved to another system for testing, what were it's specs and is it on Windows 10 as well? You might also want to test the keyboard for a prolonged period to validate your claim since Windows 10 tends to download drivers under it's own pretenses and often causes the issue you see above...

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, list your specs as:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
PS:
Peripherals/Audio equipment:

On the matter about about specs, can you state the exact model for your keyboard? It seems BlackWeb have a range of backlit keyboards. The point you made about seeing the issue, does it only occur when you game or with any XYZ number of random boot ups? You also mentioned the "culprit" keyboard was moved to another system for testing, what were it's specs and is it on Windows 10 as well? You might also want to test the keyboard for a prolonged period to validate your claim since Windows 10 tends to download drivers under it's own pretenses and often causes the issue you see above.

It's not wide spread with just your keyboard's use but every other peripheral you can find on the market. To alleviate the issue, you can try and make sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date while you've uninstalled your keyboard drivers and reinstalled them in an elevated command:
i.e: Right click installer>Run as Administrator

Solution

Shawnerz

Reputable
Jul 17, 2015
I dont know much about drivers but the new keyboard came and i have been gaming with it for a few days now. I havent noticed any issues yet but my old keyboard was the blackweb centaur. If the issue comes back ill repost a new thread in the right place ☺ Thanks for all the information and happy holidays.

Lutfij

Titan
You're welcome though in retrospect, Thank YOU for the followup and ofc awarding my post as the Best Solution. If you think it's wise, you can post a followup on this thread alone and I'll remove the Best Solution award since the problem wasn't resolved(saving you from opening a new thread).