USB Mass Storage Device Driver

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I purchased a new computer on 04/06/2004 with Windows XP
Professional installed. I connected a SanDisk ImageMate
USB 2.0 CF Reader/Writer (SDDR-91). Windows recognized
that a new USB device was connected and requested that a
driver be installed. There was NOTHING in either the
floppy driver or the cd-rom driver. When I selected the
option to install a driver, Windows displayed the
message "Device does not contain the Windows XP logo" when
attempting to install a USB Mass Storage Device Driver.
According to SanDisk, there is no driver included in the
CF reader. Therefore, I assume that the driver was
already on the system = possibly a driver delivered with
XP. What am I missing here?
Thanks,
John