USB Mic. Too Quiet on Windows 10

stannerz99

Reputable
Jan 20, 2016
Hey everybody,
I have a Blue Snowball condenser Mic (the one without the buttons on the back), but the volume is just too quiet.
I am using:
-Blue Snowball condenser USB mic.
-Windows 10
-MSI Gaming 5 motherboard
-Realtek HD audio manager

This is REALLY irritating, because it works on another computer with Win8 installed, and it works fine with a PS4. I have tried:
-Using mic. boost (I can't find this, it's not under mic. level)
-Updating the drivers (there aren't any for this mic.)

I have to shout into the microphone while it is touching my lips in order for it to register anything more than 1 bar of sound (I am trying to use the mic. with Yousicianif you are wondering)

All answers are appreciated, and thanks in advance!

stannerz99

Reputable
Jan 20, 2016
Just looked for this and I can't find what you describe. If you mean the microphone level in sound settings, that is already at full.

tereeret

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016

I feel stupid for having read this...

...I felt stupid twice.

C'mon ppl. This is not the place to troll. I registered an account just now only to point this out.

Gesu__

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016

People can be embarassingly stupid when giving answers

OP explicitly said he didn't find the boost setting, which is obviously under the main volume setting in proprieties, but people just answers like that, even with pictures

Why do they even answer i can't understand it

Btw, i'm having the same problem.
The volume output of this stupid MIC is too low, and since it's USB my 140euros gaming motherboard doesn't recognize it as a mic, so i have absolutely no option to give a simple +10 boost to this stupid microphone

tereeret

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016

I'm pretty sure the Blue Snowball microphone doesn't have the "microphone boost" option available even. I could be wrong ofc, but that's what I've gathered.

You could use 3rd party programs to boost the microphone output though. But for me, that's already a red sign - why would I need to boost it in the first place if it worked correctly? But because it doesn't work correctly!

Aug 23, 2018
Good if the accepted answer helped for the op, but I agree with the previous comments that it seems to assume people are idiots and didn't check the level slider. Sorry for the necro, but this thread still comes up as one of the first results on google, so I thought I'd post a workaround I found. It seems that this is a problem with any USB microphone on Win10 that doesn't come with its own drivers, but uses microsoft's default drivers. Basically the only way is to use a 3rd party software, as explained in more detail in this article. Microsoft fucked up and don't care enough to fix it.

https://www.pcsteps.com/15528-windows-10-driver-causes-low-volume-usb-microphone/