USB Mouse and Keyboard not working.

Kangae

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
Alright so, I have a system running Linux Mint 12, and wanted to run my old HDD from my old computer through a virtual box and what not. So I swap out my SSD for my old HDD with XP on it into my new system to start the process, and the USB keyboard and mouse don't work.

For reference, this same exact keyboard and mouse worked on my old system with my old HDD with windows XP just fine 3 weeks ago, so I assume it has something to do with the rest of the hardware changing when I swapped drives.

Also, Legacy USB is enabled, I've seen this thread a lot and people usually suggest enabling it, so I have.

Old system where keyboard, mouse, and XP drive work fine together specs are:
AMD Athlon64 3200+, ASUS A8N-SLI Delux MB, 2gb of some memory I can't remember and a Geforce 7600GS.

New system where XP drive doesn't play well with keyboard and mouse specs are: AMD FX-6100, Biostar TA990FXE MB, 8gb G. Skill sniper DDR3 1866 memory, and a Geforce GTX 560 Ti.

Also, keyboard and mouse work just fine in the BIOS, they just both turn off when the windows welcome screen appears.

Kangae

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
My main boot is with Linux, I was using the XP drive on a totally different setup (as listed above) and honestly don't have any idea. I can't really check either, I have no way of accessing this hard drive through windows without the use of a keyboard or mouse (old system isn't functional anymore either).