USB mouse disconnects randomly

Jiia

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
Hey. I have a weird problem that started happening a week ago.

My Razer Deathadder 2013 USB mouse randomly disconnects from the computer. To get it working again I have to replug it several times in the same slot before it starts working again. When this happend even computer reboot won't help. This happens 2-5 times a day.

When I try to replug the mouse there is no notification what so ever about the mouse being connected. The mouse's leds won't light up either. But if I repeat this several times then it suddenly starts working again. I have tried reinstalling Razer Synapse driver software but it doesn't seem to help.

I've had some USB device malfunctioning before on this setup. Might it be the motherboards USB slots that are failing? My BIOS is up to date and I've tried disabling legacy USB in BIOS to no avail.

UPDATE: Removing Razer Synapse didn't help. Switching USB ports didn't help. I noticed that every time the mouse disconnects I can hear a short pause in any audio playing on the computer. The mouse doesn't work in any USB3 ports on my motherboard, but work fine on other motherboards.

Jiia

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013

Interestingly the mouse won't work at all in any of my PC's four USB3 slots no matter how many times I plug it in. Only USB2 ports work. Ohter devices work fine on USB3 ports.

On my other computer the mouse worked fine even on USB3 slots. I'm using the mouse now on another slot and see if that helps.