Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
My specs are as follows:
i5 9400F
Asrock B365M
16GB Ram
GTX 1660Ti
Win 10

Just got this PC 2 months back. Was using my razer deathadder chroma for the 2 months without issues.

Yesterday the mouse went dead. Tried it on a win 10 laptop and dead too.

I then used a dell mouse and it is intermittently not being detected by the pc. It even appears and disappears in the device manager under Mouse and other pointing devices.

I have unchecked Allow computer to turn off this device to save power under HD-compliant mouse, the USB serial bus controllers and Human interface devices. Didn't work.

Uninstalled the usb 3.0 extensible host controller, didn't work.

Ran my PC in safe mode and the mouse still intermittently can't work.

I then reset my pc and didn't keep any files, same thing.

What else can I do??

I'm waiting for a new razer mouse to be shipped to me.

You could always get an inexpensive mouse to see whether it has problems too. If it doesn't, you know you have a defective mouse. Otherwise you have a problem with your USB ports. I see Amazon has decent looking wired ones for $7 and wireless ones for $9.

sundeath

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
You could always get an inexpensive mouse to see whether it has problems too. If it doesn't, you know you have a defective mouse. Otherwise you have a problem with your USB ports. I see Amazon has decent looking wired ones for $7 and wireless ones for $9.
Yea, I got a normal dell optical mouse to connect and it intermittently disconnects. Even after resetting my PC and switching USB ports and trying the USB 2.0 ports.

Any ideas to solve this?

One has to wonder if Windows 10 is the culprit. I would say 1 out every 3 or 4 of the problem people are reporting to this forum are now USB failure related, and I haven't seen anyone solve any of these issues. Yes, there are ways to disable USB ports, buts it's not something that happens on it's own, so it's unlikely that is the culprit.

FWIW I've got ten Windows 10 systems running on 4 desktops and a Dell laptop, and none of these have USB problems. They range from a 10 year old HP Pavillion to the less than a year old laptop, all are 64 bit. I think I'd check Device Manager to see if any of the entries have either ! or ? to the left, indicating the need for a different driver. If that doesn't show anything, I'd check your motherboard manufacturer to see if it's a problem they're aware of.