USB mouse, keyboard, and headset all stop working simultaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otec_Canon

Commendable
Sep 8, 2016
Hello. About a week ago, my USB mouse, keyboard, and headset all stop working simultaneously. All are USB, wired -- NOT WIRELESS. Once I power down my PC and reboot it, everything works fine until they give out again at random.

All ports are working. I've updated the USB drivers for all, even did a system recovery, yet it still continues to shut all of them off. I have my headset connected to a USB hub which has its own power supply, and the mouse and keyboard are plugged into the motherboard.

This is getting really frustrating. Is there anything I can do?

The mouse is a Corsair M65 RGB Pro, the headset is a Corsair Void, and the keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow Chroma. Here's the thing: I do not use Synapse with the keyboard, but I do use Corsair's Utility Engine for the headset and mouse. I know the USB ports still have power because the RGB lighting is still active when the equipment "dies".

No abnormal temperatures were seen at any time -- except a motherboard temp of 127C, which is an arbitrary number, I believe because it does not fluctuate at all in area #10 of the mobo. Even when I boot up after a day or two, the temp is still the same, so bad/no sensor? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, the SSD is not at 100% usage.

The build:

ASUS RAMPAGE Extreme v 10 mobo
x2 EVGA GTX 1080 FTWs
6900k CPU
64gb Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 ram
1050W SeaSonic Snow PSU
1 Samsung EVO 850 1tb SSD

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jul 6, 2022
Hello. About a week ago, my USB mouse, keyboard, and headset all stop working simultaneously. All are USB, wired -- NOT WIRELESS. Once I power down my PC and reboot it, everything works fine until they give out again at random.

All ports are working. I've updated the USB drivers for all, even did a system recovery, yet it still continues to shut all of them off. I have my headset connected to a USB hub which has its own power supply, and the mouse and keyboard are plugged into the motherboard.

This is getting really frustrating. Is there anything I can do?

The mouse is a Corsair M65 RGB Pro, the headset is a Corsair Void, and the keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow Chroma. Here's the thing: I do not use Synapse with the keyboard, but I do use Corsair's Utility Engine for the headset and mouse. I know the USB ports still have power because the RGB lighting is still active when the equipment "dies".

No abnormal temperatures were seen at any time -- except a motherboard temp of 127C, which is an arbitrary number, I believe because it does not fluctuate at all in area #10 of the mobo. Even when I boot up after a day or two, the temp is still the same, so bad/no sensor? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, the SSD is not at 100% usage.

The build:

ASUS RAMPAGE Extreme v 10 mobo
x2 EVGA GTX 1080 FTWs
6900k CPU
64gb Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 ram
1050W SeaSonic Snow PSU
1 Samsung EVO 850 1tb SSD

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
did you solve this if yes what was the problem because the same exact thing is happening to me right now althought i had a few blue screens with the code WHEA_UNCONTROLABLE_ERROR but after i re-installed windows the same happends it juts doesnt crash any more

Status
Not open for further replies.