USB Mouse & Keyboard Issues

chanuka

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
Hi
I'm thinking of formatting my PC and I have heard about the issues about the USB keyboards & mice not working while booting ?
Is this true?
My Motherboard is new so i'm confused. It has 1 PS/2 port with both purple and green in the same port. Half green and Half purple. If the rumor about the boot issue is true what should i do ?

Please help...

Solution
I've never had any issues with a USB keyboard and mouse not working while booting, even with the fancy ones from Razer et al. This rumor is completely false, if you want to make sure, just hit f2 or whatever they key is to get into your BIOS. This will prove that your computer can in fact see the keyboard. A mouse is less important, however I still maintain that it will also work.

PudgyChicken

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
I've never had any issues with a USB keyboard and mouse not working while booting, even with the fancy ones from Razer et al. This rumor is completely false, if you want to make sure, just hit f2 or whatever they key is to get into your BIOS. This will prove that your computer can in fact see the keyboard. A mouse is less important, however I still maintain that it will also work.

Solution