Question USB mouse stops working, and video stuttering problems ?

Apr 4, 2023
So, the symtoms im having are:
  • usb mouse and headphones stop working (logitec g600, and Razer Kraken respectively);
  • both my usb keyboard and my usb gamepad work;
  • happens with all ports on pc;
  • audio swaps to monitor;
  • video procedes to lag and stutter;
  • pc will inevitable crash.

these symtoms occur when on youtube, and ive managed to get them when only watching videos. doesnt seem to happen when im just playing a game.

system specs are:
nvidia Geforce rtx 4080
amd ryzen 3 3200g
asrock x370 killer sli/ac (p5.80*)
and 48 gb ram (Team DDR4 3200Mhz PC4-25600 16GBx2, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB x2*)
psu is abkoncore tn 850w gold( about 2.5-3 years old)*
running windows 11

attempted fixes:
  • reinstall usb drivers,
  • graphics drivers,
  • internet drivers,
  • mouse drivers,
  • headphone drivers.

Based on any of this, does anyone have any clue what may be happening?

Edit: I think the bios version was the p5.80, not sure where to find.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? As for your specs, you didn't mention the make and model of your PSU. Include it's age. You also will need to breakdown the rams used in your system. Lastly, you shouldn't be pairing that RTX4080 with that lackluster APU, you're leaving a lot of performance on the table.

Apr 4, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? As for your specs, you didn't mention the make and model of your PSU. Include it's age. You also will need to breakdown the rams used in your system. Lastly, you shouldn't be pairing that RTX4080 with that lackluster APU, you're leaving a lot of performance on the table.
yeah, i recently got the video card, my last one was unstable, so i upgraded when the chance precented itself. im alredy looking into a new apu, and mobo, but would reather figure out my problems first, so i dont keep muddying the waters. also updated with the info you suggested

Lutfij

Titan
Just a precursor, you're wasting resource going with an APU with that RTX4080 in the picture. In it's current state you could try and update the BIOS to the latest version however
and 48 gb ram (Team DDR4 3200Mhz PC4-25600 16GBx2, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB x2*)
Stop mixing and matching rams and work with one kit and see if your issue is alleviated. One other thing to do would be to borrow(not buy) a reliably built PSU that has 850W of power at the entire system's disposal to rule out your PSU being unable to deliver power to all components when taxed.