Question USB mult-device charging

Pasley69

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
Hi, not sure if this is the best forum for this, but here goes.
First some background: my wife and I are regular cyclists, often long-distance touring. We have a lot of USB charging to do. At the end of the day we'll have 3 mobile android phones, 2 Garmin bike computers, 2 to 4 rear lights, a GPS tracker, 1 or 2 battery power supplies, 2 SLR camera batteries, 2 bicycle safety cameras, 1 or 2 bike action cams. Sometimes there are also headlights and torches to deal with too - and new stuff coming - such as rear-facing radar warning devices, helmets with in-built cameras. Currently we charge these with a rat's nest of cables and 1 to 4-port wall chargers.

We find it near impossible to keep track of which charger goes with which cable goes with which device. It is also impracticable to keep hovering around to unplug devices when fully charged.

So are there any large, multi-port (e.g. 10-port) chargers that are smart enough to handle all these various devices concurrently? If so what should I be looking for? If I have to - a one-off exercise to label cables can be done,
How real is the risk of over-charging / melt-down / fire when charging incorrectly? nothing has happened yet of course.

Thanks for any advice that can be offered.
Cheers
Adrian

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
Have you thought about labelilng the charging devices to which one fits to the correct device? Same goes with the cables

Or you could use a sharpie to mark them