usb network

hello

i got some information on a computer at university. I would like to
transfer them to my laptop and the only way to conect them is through
the usb port. how could i connect 2 computer through an usb port and to
creat a netwok between them?

thanks

well ... you need a laplink ... a sort of cable with usb connectors on
both sides and a software installed on both computers ....
good luck guy

While not exactly what you asked, a guy here at work has 2 PCs connected via
firewire and the link is blazing fast, MUCH faster than the 100mb network we
have. So if you have firewire ports and XP OS, you are set.

--Dan