Question USB not recognized error over USB-C to DisplayPort 1.4

Mar 12, 2023
First of all, I'm sorry if I'm posting this on the wrong place.

For the actual question, I bought an LG ULTRAGEAR 24GN65R-B monitor today and whenever I plug it into my ASUS TUF Gaming F15 FX506HM laptop, Windows keeps throwing me "USB not recognized" error notification every 2-3 seconds. I'm getting signal, I can set LG as my main monitor, I can set it to 144Hz, everything works fine. It's just this annoying error. And because I'm constantly getting this error, it causes my PC to stutter. There is nothing wrong in device manager or in anywhere else. I installed monitor drivers (?), restarted my PC multiple times, tried to find solution somewhere else but nope. I can't find anything about this issue anywhere on the internet.

My USB-C to DisplayPort dongle is an S-Link SW-U510

My DisplayPort 1.4 cable is Paugge ENTDP1420

I will provide further information if needed.

Thank you so much in advance!

Mar 12, 2023
I presume Windows is throwing this error because the USB-C to DisplayPort dongle is actually a USB DisplayLink or similar device. It's not using USB-C Alt Mode.

I'm feeling the cop-out approach to this would be easiest. Since your laptop has a Thunderbolt capable USB-C port, you should get a USB-C to DisplayPort cable like https://www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-uni-Thunderbolt-Compatible-More-Gray/dp/B075V27G2R.
Hey, sorry for the late reply. So the problem is magically gone after keeping the monitor plugged for 15 mins. But I will still buy one of those cables ASAP because now it's gone doesn't mean it will never come back again. Thank you so much for the response!