USB not recognized in uefi bios

darkcam17

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
So my graphic card is having issues and updating my mobo bios can help with system stability so I was going to flash it but my usb is not recognized in the bios but I can see it in windows.

darkcam17

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
My GPU keeps hanging and gives me sound loop crash and I have read that updating BIOS helps with it and I also know that the tech supiport for my GPU will tell me to do that to....
And The only usb slots I see on my mother board are the two front panel usb 3.0 more usb 3.0 in the back, a slot designated for bios flash back and the mouse keyboard slots,

darkcam17

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
I already did
I tried old drivers the current ones and beta drivers I read somewhere that some of the cards have glitches with PCI 3.0 so If the bios update doesn't fix that I am probably just gonna RMA it and hope the next one works

dark the z77 mb from asus you need to rename the flash file. asus has a free tool to do that or you can rename the file per the renaming list under guilds for your mb. if your trying to use the usb flashback port it the blue port bottom one under the ethernet port. (have the mb off snd on standby power). when you press the flashback button if the bios file is named right the port will start blinking and you see your usb stick turn on. if your using the mb bios flash tool inside the bios. the bios will give the usb stick a name like fs0/fs1/ you have to slowly read the drives it fines to see which one is the usb stick. on my asus i just drop the file in the download folder on drive c: and find it using the search feature in the bios.

dark it easer to unzip the bios flash file to the hard drive then use the bios program in the bios to find it. that how i do my sabertooth bios. i put it in the download folder then search using the bios program. you go under windows/users/download and the flash file will pop up.

TRENDING THREADS