[SOLVED] USB now freezes WIN 10 computer, how to scan+repair?

axelrose

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I was trying to copy entire 128GB USB 2.0 onto another 128GB USB 2.0. About 44% it ceased copying anything and I gave it a few more minutes then I Paused and unpaused and nothing would get it going again so I simply unplugged the destination USB. But when I reinserted that same USB it would cause programs even My Computer would hang as it kept trying to figure out what the device was.

So now I've tried various Disk scanners in hopes of fixing but I am more than willing to FORMAT the USB but I can;t because the USB being plugged will not allow software to even LOAD.

Is their some fix or workaround I am not seeing here?
Any helped would be such a dream!

Thank you all!

Solution
I was trying to copy entire 128GB USB 2.0 onto another 128GB USB 2.0. About 44% it ceased copying anything and I gave it a few more minutes then I Paused and unpaused and nothing would get it going again so I simply unplugged the destination USB. But when I reinserted that same USB it would cause programs even My Computer would hang as it kept trying to figure out what the device was.

So now I've tried various Disk scanners in hopes of fixing but I am more than willing to FORMAT the USB but I can;t because the USB being plugged will not allow software to even LOAD.

Thank you all!

Test it in another computer, it may...

Endre

Reputable
Try this:
  1. Insert your flash drive into a USB 2.0 port;
  2. Right-click/ Start/ Disk Management;
  3. Delete the partition(s) of the flash drive;
  4. Create partition(s);
  5. Right-click/ Format the partition(s).
Now it should be OK.

axelrose

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Try this:
  1. Insert your flash drive into a USB 2.0 port;
  2. Right-click/ Start/ Disk Management;
  3. Delete the partition(s) of the flash drive;
  4. Create partition(s);
  5. Right-click/ Format the partition(s).
Now it should be OK.

It just gets stuck on 'Connecting to virtual disk service' and freezes the software,

What's else to try?

Thank you all!

Test it in another computer, it may simply be bad.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS