Question Usb only giving power nothing else

May 15, 2019
I don't know what happened , one day I turned my computer on and my keyboard and mouse weren't working. After some testing I found out my usbs are only outputting power , ex: I can charge my phone in them , but my keyboard , mouse and usb sticks won't work or even be detected by the machine. I can't even access bios. I tried reseting it manually but with no change to the behaviour. What is this? I can't find anything in any forum.
Please note I don't have access to bios or windows

muchdsign

Reputable
Feb 10, 2016
I don't know what happened , one day I turned my computer on and my keyboard and mouse weren't working. After some testing I found out my usbs are only outputting power , ex: I can charge my phone in them , but my keyboard , mouse and usb sticks won't work or even be detected by the machine. I can't even access bios. I tried reseting it manually but with no change to the behaviour. What is this? I can't find anything in any forum.
Please note I don't have access to bios or windows
Did you try all USBs? Front panel aswell? Or is it only affecting motherboard USBs?

AllanGH

Notable
Mar 10, 2019
Get a hold of a PS/2 keyboard and try booting with that connected to the PS/2 port that MSI has on that MB. They identify that port as a "Gaming Device Port", but it may also allow the use of a PS/2 keyboard.

If you can machine-gun the "Delete" key and get into BIOS, you may find that USB has been disabled completely, a situation that can be rectified, at that point.

May 15, 2019
Get a hold of a PS/2 keyboard and try booting with that connected to the PS/2 port that MSI has on that MB. They identify that port as a "Gaming Device Port", but it may also allow the use of a PS/2 keyboard.

If you can machine-gun the "Delete" key and get into BIOS, you may find that USB has been disabled completely, a situation that can be rectified, at that point.
Already tried , i got a ps2 to usb adapter and didn´t work , same situation , gives power but not controller.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS