[SOLVED] "USB Over Current Status Detected"

terminoob

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
Running it to a weird problem that I can't seem to find any solution to. Specs at bottom.

To begin, I recently purchased a new case to switch my parts over to. Should have been simple and easy process. After getting everything switched over and connected. It was time to boot. Power up the system only to be met with the POST(?) Screen prompting me with "USB Over Current Status Detected" "System Will Shut Down After 15 Seconds". Weird. So I unplugg every USB connection, inside and out of the PC. Same issue. Tried to hours to figure it out but got nowhere.

Also, got a POST code of "55" on my motherboard. Which, according to what I could find, is a RAM issue. Tried both sticks separately, they both worked and were both detected on the POST screen.

My friend suggested that it may be a failing PSU. Tried a different one, and the problem still occurred.

So, at this point I'm thinking that my motherboard is shot. I checked all USB Jumpers(?) on the motherboard, no bent pins or any of them touching each other. Which, even still, wouldn't account for the RAM "Issue".

But I'd like to ask the community for any possible solutions before I go out and buy a new board.

Specs:
Motherboard- Asus Maximus VII Hero
CPU- Intel i7-4790k
Cooler- NZXT Kraken X61 280mm AIO
GPU- EVGA GTX 1060 SSC 6GB
RAM- GSkill Ripjaws X 8GB (2x4GB)
PSU- EVGA 600B
SSD(OS)- PNY CS900 120GB
SSD- WD Blue 250GB
(If this matters)
Case (To)- Deepcool Mattrex 55
Case (From)- NZXT S340

Solution
I would check the headers on the MB just to make sure nothing fell in there when you did the move and is shorting. Other than that...I think the MB might be failed.

terminoob

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
Went through and checked all the headers. Nothing seems out of place, no debris or anything like that in them. So yea, I'm thinking I got a dead motherboard on my hands..