USB Pen derive gets disconnected at reboot

On my WinXP SP2 system, with the USB Pen drive already attached and
working, the drive is not recognized by the system when system is
rebooted. I have to briefly remove the Pen drive and reinsert it for
the system to recognize it again.

How do I fix this annoying problem?

Thanks

Matt

Byte

If pressing the Function key F5 does not solve it, you've already
found the answer..............reboot.
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"Admin" wrote:

> On my WinXP SP2 system, with the USB Pen drive already attached and
> working, the drive is not recognized by the system when system is
> rebooted. I have to briefly remove the Pen drive and reinsert it for
> the system to recognize it again.
>
> How do I fix this annoying problem?
>
> Thanks
>
> Matt

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:19:07 -0700, "Byte"
<Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>If pressing the Function key F5 does not solve it, you've already
>found the answer..............reboot.

But

Reboot is NOT the solution, reboot is the SOURCE of the problem.

Physical removal of the USB drive and re-insertion is what solves it,
but it is a pain because the USB port is only in the rear of the tower
and I have to get underneath the desk to to do it.

I also found this error under Event Viewer (System), appears to be
related to this problem, but I do not know the solution.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: LDMS
Event Category: None
Event ID: 3023
Date: 6/16/2005
Time: 7:36:19 AM
User: N/A
Computer: XYZ
The Logical Disk Manager Service failed while registering for device
handle notifications on device
\\?\storage#removablemedia#7&c577bbe&0&rm#{53f5630d-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}.
Win32 Error: 2.

If someone could advise of a solution, I would greatly appreciate it.

Matt

TRENDING THREADS