Question USB peripherals glitching out mid game

lcoletto

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
Hey guys,

I just got a new Anne Pro 2 60% keyboard. I have been using it today and randomly in the middle of an Apex Legends game my USB peripherals will freeze up for like a second - my keyboard, mouse, and headset all lose power momentarily and then regain power, or sometimes it won't regain power at all and i will have to unplug something and plug it back in for them all to come back...

The only thing I have changed is my keyboard. I havent installed any software for the keyboard or anything either. So why would my other devices be affected? Coincidence? Prior to getting the new keyboard everything was working fine.

any ideas would be awesome - Im really frustrated lmao cuz I waited 2 months to get this keyboard, only now to realize that through all the good reviews were all the bad reviews of people having weird glitchy problems and stuff with the keyboard, however none of those reviews say anything about their other peripherals being affected (ie. their mouse and headset).

Thanks guys!

Lutfij

Titan
Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
including all components connected via USB ports.

Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? You might also want to try and reinstall your chipset/USB drivers and see if that changes the issue. You can rule out a faulty keyboard by plugging it to a donor system. If the keyboard has a grounding issue, it can cause the other system to glitch as well.

lcoletto

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
including all components connected via USB ports.

Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? You might also want to try and reinstall your chipset/USB drivers and see if that changes the issue. You can rule out a faulty keyboard by plugging it to a donor system. If the keyboard has a grounding issue, it can cause the other system to glitch as well.

CPU: i5-9600k @ 4.7Ghz
Cooler: Some 120mm coolermaster AIO
Motherboard: Gigabyte z390 AORUS ELITE
Ram: T-Force Delta RGB 2x8Gb 3000Mhz
SSD/HDD: Samsung 120Gb SSD + 1TB 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Windforce
PSU: Corsair TX650 non-modular
Chassis: Coolermaster H500
OS: Windows 10 Home (w/o a product key registered - I'm rocking the terrible watermark).
including all components connected via USB ports:
  • Keyboard = Anne Pro 2 (60% keyboard)
  • Mouse = Razer DeathAdder Elite
  • Headset = HyperX Cloud II
I checked and there was indeed a BIOS update available so I just did that. Also reinstalled chipset/USB drivers to see if that does anything. I will try to game on my new keyboard now and see if these weird glitches have gone away or if they persist. As per the grounding issue you mentioned - I noticed some people online had connectivity issues that were not the exact same as me but somewhat similar, and they had success changing out the USB type C cable that connects the keyboard to the USB port on the motherboard as there are issues with the one that comes in the box. Could that be the source of a grounding issue that also affects my other USB components as well?

Thanks!

Update: the issue seems to still persist. I do not have another pc to use as a dummy system for testing purposes... however I have noticed that so far it seems to only be Apex Legends where this issue happens.

Last edited: