[SOLVED] USB Port not working

Feb 26, 2021
I was using my PC today and the USB ports kept shorting out, and then coming back online. As the day progressed, this continued, and now, they’ve just stopped working completely. The only thing I could think of that might make them break is that I have a habit of pressing the power button to turn off my PC, and that I’ve ignored notifications to upgrade Macrium Reflect, whatever that is. As you might have already guessed, I’m a bit of a computer noob, so I have pretty much no idea what happened or what I could do to fix it. Any ideas on what may have happened and what I can do to fix the issue? Thanks!

specs: Asus G11DF
AMD Ryzen 7
GeForce GTX 1070

Solution
Sorry, about that, I think it would be better phrased as cutting out. As I mentioned, I have no clue what I’m doing when it comes to computers.
Go to Control panel (Run and type "control") > Power Options > USB settings > USB selective suspend setting and change to Disabled.
I was using my PC today and the USB ports kept shorting out, and then coming back online. As the day progressed, this continued, and now, they’ve just stopped working completely. The only thing I could think of that might make them break is that I have a habit of pressing the power button to turn off my PC, and that I’ve ignored notifications to upgrade Macrium Reflect, whatever that is. As you might have already guessed, I’m a bit of a computer noob, so I have pretty much no idea what happened or what I could do to fix it. Any ideas on what may have happened and what I can do to fix the issue? Thanks!

specs: Asus G11DF
AMD Ryzen 7
GeForce GTX 1070
Macrium Reflect is a program for making backups, shouldn't cause such problem with USB.
What do you mean by "USB ports kept shorting out" ? That's a physical condition when two contacts or wires come together and make an electrical short.

Feb 26, 2021
Macrium Reflect is a program for making backups, shouldn't cause such problem with USB.
What do you mean by "USB ports kept shorting out" ? That's a physical condition when two contacts or wires come together and make an electrical short.
Sorry, about that, I think it would be better phrased as cutting out. As I mentioned, I have no clue what I’m doing when it comes to computers.

Feb 26, 2021
Go to Control panel (Run and type "control") > Power Options > USB settings > USB selective suspend setting and change to Disabled.
Just saw this. However, I can't get into my PC because I have nothing connected to bluetooth and wired mice and keyboards don't work(for obvious reasons)