Sep 1, 2020
I have just finished my Building my first gaming Computer. So I booted the thing up and I decided to connect my Keyboard and mouse, But unfortunately my case only has 2 USB 3.0 ports, If i plugged both my keyboard and mouse then there would be no USB ports to plug in the USB to install windows 10. I knew that there were some USB ports on the Motherboard on the I/O shield. But I am a little bit worried if I connect my keyboard and mouse through there or connect the USB to install windows 10. A lot people use the front ports instead of the Motherboard ports to connect the keyboard and mouse. So is it okay to connect the keyboard and mouse in the I/O through the motherboard? Or will it just kill the Motherboard without any warning?

Solution
Using the front USB I/O ports is perfectly fine. You just have to connect those ports to the motherboard correctly.
Reference your motherboard manual for the proper connection. Usually the connector is 'keyed' so you really can't plug it in wrong.
Using the front USB I/O ports is perfectly fine. You just have to connect those ports to the motherboard correctly.
Reference your motherboard manual for the proper connection. Usually the connector is 'keyed' so you really can't plug it in wrong.

Solution
Sep 1, 2020
Thank you so much for your help, You really lifted a big weight off my shoulders.

Reactions: alceryes