USB Port with Soyo 7vca

G

First off, I have not experienced this problem until the Starband model 180 system was installed.

Here it is: My computer's USB ports have been shutting down at random times. I can tell this because I have a Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical USB, with a light that informs me when it is 'on' or not. Anytime the light turns off, the connection from the satellite modem to the USB port shuts down as well.

The only way I found that I can fix this problem is by shutting down everything and restarting the computer. A huge inconvenience.

If anyone knows of a program that flashes the USB ports, or resets them with out haveing to reset the computer I'm sure that'll help alot.

If you could assist me with my problem I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you for your time,

-noinert

stable

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
This is not my forte, but I figured that since nobody else answered either, the question is a stumper. I would make sure that all of your devices are using the latest drivers and that you are running the lastest BIOS on your motherboard. Finally, I would make sure there are no patches for the software you mentioned, as it seems to be directly linked to your issues.

For help after that, I would suggest putting your detailed post (include OS version and all of the above details) on the following site:

http://www.usb.org/forums/retail/webboard.html

Good Luck
Steve Benoit

Stable Technologies
'The way IT should be!'