pupdum

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
system info:

TOSHIBA Satellite 5005 PS500U-00Y0LX
Board: TOSHIBA Portable PC Version A0
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: TOSHIBA Version 1.80 04/07/2005

I have no Idea what to do. already installed drivers, and so on.

Yes, once you uninstall the USB root hubs, it will no longer see what is attached to them. After restarting, they reinstall themselves and look for the hardware.

Can you describe what the problem is?....
What device(s) aren't working?
Have you tried all the USB ports?
Do any USB devices work?
What OS are you using?

pupdum

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010

any usb device
yes
the touchpad on the laptop[internal usb??]
xp

ricardopvz

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
I think i have a similar problem. When i reinstalled windows 7 x64 (about 5 months ago), everything was working fine. But about 3 months ago, my usb ports started to behave weird! I have my usb mouse and usb soundcard connected to the computer since i reinstalled windows 7, and they are still working fine, but if i plug a new device in the computer, windows says "usb device not recognized", but there are some new devices that works fine. I though it was a problem of my internal usb hub, so i bought a usb hub and it works, i plug a device in the hub and everything works fine, but if i plug the same device directly in the computer, windows says "usb device not recognized"! And i don't like the usb hub because it is USB 1.1 and some devices i have, need to be plugged in a USB 2.0 port. I really need help on this!

It depends on the type of USB device you're talking about. But many manufacturers have some sort of USB or flash utility on their website, that you can download. However, often just uninstalling the USB root hubs will solve these types of problems.

I'd be happy to assist you more with your problem. However, it's best not to hijack pupdum's thread. If you need further assistance, please start your own thread, and post the link here, or PM it to me, and I'll help you sort it out.