USB ports, devices undetected

znamey

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
Certain devices ("obsolete" flash drives, iPod) are undetected in Windows 7. There are no problems with my mouse and wireless adapter, which are USB. I have tried connecting previously undetected devices through the same ports that detect the mouse and wireless adapter, which has made me further suspect the problem being with the ports, thus possibly drivers, rather than the devices (since the devices are still undetected).

I have also tried uninstalling all USB ports in Device Manager before restarting Windows, which didn't help.

Another related concern is whether the motherboard driver(s) is(are) up-to-date. I have an Intel Desktop Board LGA775 and cannot find the proper download for an update. This may fix the problem.

Suggestions?

znamey

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
I've learned that my motherboard is discontinued, and Intel has no plans to release driver updates for Windows 7.

I downloaded two driver types:

RAID: Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver for Intel Desktop Boards

RAID: Marvell* Driver

While installing, the first type's error message was, "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."
While installing the second type, an error message appeared, "Can not install on a non-61xx platform."

I'm so lost.

znamey

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
From what I've gleaned from those links, I really need my motherboard driver update. Even with the updated BIOS, I couldn't get the RAID: Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver for Intel Desktop Boards or the RAID: Marvell* Driver update to install properly due to the errors mentioned previously.

I scanned for issues and it said there was a problem, "Hardware change may have not been detected." I'm not really sure what this error messages is referring to, but I guess it's from where the attempted updates failed.

I also manually checked all of my USB ports for Driver Updates, but they were all up-to-date.

This seems to be more problematic than I anticipated since Intel can't/won't provide Windows 7 driver updates for my discontinued motherboard.