Question USB ports not powering external HDD

Apr 17, 2021
Title says it all.

All front and back USB ports only provide enough juice to power mouse, keyboard, phone, pendrive, etc.
Doesn't matter what OS is running on PC. Results are the same.

I updated chipset drivers and played with power plan and powers settings for USB ports without luck.

Would this indicate faulty component on motherboard (Asrock H81 Pro BTC R2.0)? If yes, what would be damaged?

Title says it all.

All front and back USB ports only provide enough juice to power mouse, keyboard, phone, pendrive, etc.
Doesn't matter what OS is running on PC. Results are the same.

I updated chipset drivers and played with power plan and powers settings for USB ports without luck.

Would this indicate faulty component on motherboard (Asrock H81 Pro BTC R2.0)? If yes, what would be damaged?
Have you tried the external drive on a another pc

Apr 17, 2021
I have four different hard drives including two that are branded (LG and WD) and the other two had been salvaged from old laptops and put in generic enclosures. Tested them on a laptop and they are working fine.

Apr 17, 2021
No, they are not. I said in post #3 hard drive where tested on a laptop. Also they did work before on the same PC I am having issues with right know.

All USB ports where not physically damaged and there is not signs of mechanical damages.