USB Ports not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltcbe295

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
I look in the device manager say working properly. I have reinstalled drivers. And did the whole power management thing. The laptop is a Acer Aspire E1-571. I have called Microsoft tech and waiting on the phone for an hour and a half they told me to call Acer. Which then I did and they told me that it is a software issue so I have to call Microsoft back. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution

Have you changed anything recently, or received a Windows Update? Might be worth trying to use System Restore to an earlier date when USB was working...
Also try SFC
System File Checker
Winkey plus 'X'
Choose Command Prompt (Admin)
Type sfc /scannow then Enter

It finds and fixes errors in Windows, but doesn't always report them. Run it...

Have you changed anything recently, or received a Windows Update? Might be worth trying to use System Restore to an earlier date when USB was working...
Also try SFC
System File Checker
Winkey plus 'X'
Choose Command Prompt (Admin)
Type sfc /scannow then Enter

It finds and fixes errors in Windows, but doesn't always report them. Run it and see if the fault disappears after re-booting your system

Solution

Vrgruney

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014
I have the same problem. I can get as far as opening Device Manager and then I can see Universal Serial Bus controllers, but I cannot click on anything, because I can't use my wireless mouse because none of my ports are working on the tower.

The last thing I remember doing was using my external GoFlex to backup my pics & docs.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS