USB Ports Stopped working After Installing RAM

Feb 5, 2019
I recently bought new RAM (Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR3 1600MHz) to replace my old RAM (Mushkin Silverline 997002 8gb DDR3) and everything went fine (Note: I did not combine the RAM, I replaced it. I did this because the timings did not match).

I installed and windows recognized it. I had it installed 2 days before I noticed that all my USB ports no longer worked with this new RAM. Here's the interesting part though, I use a USB mouse and keyboard. The USB works for my mouse and keyboard if they are plugged in when the PC boots up. However, as far as I can tell the USB ports won't recognize anything else even if it is plugged in as the PC boots up and if I try to unplug the mouse or keyboard and plug them in again they don't work. I tried this with USB 3.0 and 2.0, neither worked. After realizing this I tried to install the old RAM back in. Again, everything went fine and windows recognized it, but the USB ports still didn't work.

I know this is a short post but I don't know what else I could add. Any and all help is appreciated. Thank You.

PC Specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H REV 1.1

Processor: Intel Core i3-4150 3.50 GHz

GPU: NVidia Geforce GTX 750

You mentioned your keyboard and mouse work fine if they're inserted upon system boot. Does that count for every single port? Like have you tried using the same ports every time or do the front ports work too when they're inserted upon boot?

Have you tried checking the USB cable/header connection? Try unplugging and replugging for good measure, I guess. :p How about Device Manager?

Feb 5, 2019
As far as I can tell the front ports (USB 2.0) do not work even if inserted on boot and none of the other ports on back (USB 3.0) work either. I looked in device manager and everything looks fine. Everything under Universal Serial Bus Controllers is working fine. Thank you.

So none of your USB ports work except for the 2 your keyboard and mouse are using? Your keyboard and mouse don't even work on other USB ports? Tried booting with just a keyboard and a different device? Do you have something like a USB drive with an LED indicator?

Feb 5, 2019
I'm very sorry. I just realized that I have only tested with one device, an xbox controller. I had not move around my mouse and keyboard or any other USB device. I figured I should probably test with some other devices (USB headset and Camera data transfer) and realized that it was a problem with my controller and not my PC. I am truly sorry for wasting your time. Have a fantastic day.