Question USB ports won’t charge devices when computer is off, but they used to ?

jfredolay

Reputable
Oct 2, 2018
Hello! So I like to charge my phone via the computer at night because it’s close to my bed. I’ve had no issues with powering or charging anything in the past when the computer is off. Now, when I plug my phone in, it starts to charge, but after a second it just stops. I’ve tried different USB ports, different cables, made sure no motherboard cables where loose, and made sure power settings in windows allowed for usb power when the computer is off. I’m just not sure what to do now and I hope y’all might know. Thanks!

My motherboard is a GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX AM4 AMD B550 Mini-ITX Motherboard

Lutfij

Titan
You're advised to charge your phone using the adapter that the phone came with, with the cable that's meant to be charged with your phone, to ensure that your phone's battery lasts a long while. As for your platform, in BIOS there should be an option to enable/disable ErP, you can read here. On that note, what BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS