Question USB ports

Jan 6, 2023
I had an old GT 710 and recently I have swapped it for a RX 6500XT. Ever since then I had USB ports issues only while playing games. I launch a game, everything seems to run fine. But after 2 minutes, the keyboard starts spazzing out. It doesn't give any input, only the lights stay on. After a while even the lights start turning off. This happens only while playing games, not while doing anything else. I have tried everything, drivers reinstalling, OS reinstalling, checking the connections and everything else. I need a fix so I can start gaming peacefully again. plz help

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information from your end. When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
Please include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Jan 6, 2023
Thanks for replying!
My specs are:
CPU: Intel i5 processor 3rd Gen 3.3GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte H61M-S
RAM: Corsair Vengence 8gb
SSD: Crucial BX500 SATA 480GB
GPU: AMD Radeon RX6500XT
PSU: Intex techno 450
Chassis: I don't know the exact build
Monitor: DELL S2216H

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I would immediately point fingers at the power supply, only 18 amps at 12V, or 216W. Does it even have a PCIe power connector? Or did you use adapters.

You went from a 20W GPU to a 100W GPU, that is a lot of extra load on the PSU, all leaning towards 12V. In older power supply designs, having so much 12V load may actually make the 5V supply produce the wrong voltage which would explain USB problems, but you really don't have enough power to run that GPU regardless.

Either way, you should be looking at a new PSU. If that one is as old as the PC, then it is well past time for replacement.