USB Shortcut Problem

Danovic

Honorable
Aug 14, 2016
Hello,
i have a problem with my USB.
I want to copy music files from pc to USB drive, so i copy paste them to usb and all the music on USB drive become a Shortcut with 1kb.
How to fix it

Solution
Not usually, depends how they were copied to your hard drive in first place. You've just been playing them from shortcuts the whole time without actually realizing the mp3 file itself was somewhere else. Not a big deal until you try to copy them to another location and even then, they are only a few more clicks away.

Danovic

Honorable
Aug 14, 2016

Done botch with copy paste, with copy(select and hold Control + C)/pasting(from the new location hold Control and hit V), with draging same they become shortcuts

On PC they are in mp3 format on USB shortcuts

copy source must be a shortcut also...... right click a mp3 and select properties. Look to find where the shortcut is pointing to("Loctaion:" on the General Tab) and that will be actual location of mp3..... navigate to that folder & copy from there.

Danovic

Honorable
Aug 14, 2016

Ok, now on USB there is a Shortuct with a mp3 song, so every mp3 song has a shortcut is that normal ?

Not usually, depends how they were copied to your hard drive in first place. You've just been playing them from shortcuts the whole time without actually realizing the mp3 file itself was somewhere else. Not a big deal until you try to copy them to another location and even then, they are only a few more clicks away.

Solution