USB shows up in device manager but doesnt show in my computer.

Miraz_1

Commendable
Feb 5, 2017
hi,
I was messing with cmd( bad thing to do) to fix my friends curropted usb drive. now any usb drive i connect to my computer doesnt work. how do i solve this. the drive shows in disk management but with no name. picture is on the link below.
http://imgur.com/m6umBTE

Miraz_1

Commendable
Feb 5, 2017

I jst followed the steps to fix the corrupted usb drive. first i selected disk 1 which is the usb drive . then i cleaned the drive. then created partition then separated partition. then formated the disk. it was ok till then . but when i tried to reconnect the pendrive it wasnt working. neither was any other usb drives.

Wiping the disk (I am guessing you used the diskpart utility) would not have causes any issues with the drive. Test it with another system. Also try resetting the BIOS in your system to defaults, and check Device Manager to make sure your USB hubs don't have any errors on them. You may want to check for newer chipset drivers and a BIOS update from the computer/motherboard vendor.

Miraz_1

Commendable
Feb 5, 2017

Miraz_1

Commendable
Feb 5, 2017
I checked the drive with other pc too . it works completely fine. i updated my drives to the newest updates too . it didnt work. devise manager is fine too. how do i reset the BIOS ? i havent tried that.