[SOLVED] USB Speakers Static

Mar 9, 2021
So, I bought new, basic USB speakers for my dad's desktop... The problem is they don't have on/off switch, only volume wheel in cable, and when he turns the pc off, speakers produce static...

Is this problem with the speakers, some interference maybe, or something else...

Solution
It may also be the USB port they are in provides power to them all the time even with the PC off, there are options in the BIOS to turn that off.
Mar 9, 2021
Well, it seems usb power related option doesn't exist in the BIOS or I'm missing something. Mobo is Asus Prime A320-K.

Also, when not playing anything, you can hear a bit of "humming" from the speakers, but that is not quite a problem. I just wonder if this is normal thing for this kind of speakers.

Well, it seems usb power related option doesn't exist in the BIOS or I'm missing something. Mobo is Asus Prime A320-K.

Also, when not playing anything, you can hear a bit of "humming" from the speakers, but that is not quite a problem. I just wonder if this is normal thing for this kind of speakers.

Yes cheaper speakers that are always on can have a low level noise or buzz on them.

Reactions: spanolo