Question Usb speed fluctuates

Jun 8, 2019
When I try to copy a movie (2 files - subs and the movie) lets say around 1,5 gb on my usb 3.0 the speed fluctuates between 10mbps and 0. It takes quite some time to get the whole movie on the usb. While if I try to copy it from the usb I get a constant 100mbps. Happens on all ports and both computers I own. Any help or at least a pointer or hint to know what im looking for would be greatly appreciated.

Sys spec:
i5 4460
8gb ram
Asrock H97M PRO4 LGA1150
Win 10

Usb:
64gb
FAT32
(new)

popatim

Titan
What's the make & Model# of the USB? It may be the device

Win10 turned off Write Caching so that you don't need to "Eject" the usb drive anymore. You can turn it back on to see if your performance returns. in Device manager Rt click on the flash drive, select Properties, Goto the the Policies tab, & select Better Performance.

Jun 8, 2019
What's the make & Model# of the USB? It may be the device

Win10 turned off Write Caching so that you don't need to "Eject" the usb drive anymore. You can turn it back on to see if your performance returns. in Device manager Rt click on the flash drive, select Properties, Goto the the Policies tab, & select Better Performance.
Had to go under disk management not device manager to find the correct tab. Changed it. But no difference. Thanks for the tip. I did think that might be the cause but didn't know how to change it.