USB stops responding

Tectix0

Commendable
May 3, 2016
I'm having a weird issue where my USB ports will stop working. It seems to be completely random, sometimes they stop working 1 minute into startup, sometimes it can go days without a problem.

It happens a little differently each time, but it works a little like this:
My BT radio stops communicating with the device connected to it (usually my headphones, mouse, or ps4 controller). I unplug the dongle and the computer doesn't notice that it's gone, it still thinks it's plugged in. I plug it back in and still no response. Then I can't get it to work until I restart. BT settings menu just says "driver error under each paired device"
The same thing can happen with the wifi radio and any other USB device (I only realize they stop responding when my wifi/BT turn off)

Basically, most the USB devices work while this trip-up happens, the special mouse dongle still works and the keyboard and, if the wifi radio is the cause, BT will still work (and vice versa). But also, if I were to say unplug my keyboard and plug it back in, the computer won't recognize that I've done this and will no longer respond to keystrokes. Same goes for any USB device. Even if the wifi/BT mess up, the other USB devices work unless they are unplugged.

It's really weird...

My motherboad is an MSi X99 Krait edition (this MB has only 2 built-in USB 2.0 ports, the rest are 3.0).
I have a USB expansion in one of my disk bays (4 USB 2.0, 2 USB 3.0, and an assortment of memory card ports)
I'm running Windows 10

This is becoming a real nuisance, any help is appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
1| Can you please pass on your full system's specs? Include your connected peripherals and devices. How are your devices paired/connected via Bluetooth to the system?
2| Disable automatic device drivers.
3| Have you made sure your BIOS and remaining device drivers(namely chipset and USB) are up to date?

The issue you've stated is mainly due to a driver issue. If the above steps don't help, see if a repair install helps you through.

Solution