Question Usb stuck on read-only

Absolute.Red

Commendable
Jun 17, 2020
Removed this hp usb stick from the pc without safely removing it and now its stuck on read-only.
I am sure its something at the hardware level because i have literally tried everything software wise to fix it. Can't delete files or format it.
I've tried linux as well with no avail.
If anyone knows what it could be, please let me know.

Absolute.Red

Commendable
Jun 17, 2020
So there is no data to worry about, right?

In this case you can use Minitool partition wizard (Free Edition) to destroy everything then create a new partition on the USB disk, after that you can format it just like with any new disk.
Yeah i can read and copy files. But cant delete pr format.

I will try your suggestion and reply back

Absolute.Red

Commendable
Jun 17, 2020
So there is no data to worry about, right?

In this case you can use Minitool partition wizard (Free Edition) to destroy everything then create a new partition on the USB disk, after that you can format it just like with any new disk.
tried the minitool partition wizard and failed. but i found this tool provided by PNY for pny and HP USB drives that worked and i managed to format the drive.
Apparently it need a low-level format but the new app they are providing isnt working but i managed to find an older version that worked like charm.
Heres the link if anyone is interested: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HqyGY4gnSilo61V0fbNRLh3dP1iGHuoM/view?usp=sharing

The app is called UFIX 2.
been trying to fix this for weeks and finally it happened.

Reactions: lvt