USB Tethering is using up 4G data on my phone but that data is neither being used by the PC nor by my phone

dexergo1

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015
So I installed Windows 10 Enterprise on my PC yesterday and I want to tether my phone to it to download some stuff and some Steam games.

So I tether my phone and it doesn't work, then I looked up a guide online telling me to install 'NDIS Sharing Compatible Device' driver in my Device Manager. I install it and then the tethering started working. All good.

Then I try to install Uplay (66mb download), it went reeeaaallly slow around 20kbps. I looked at my phone (it shows connection speed at the status bar) and it showed that the PHONE was using data at 1Mbps!

It immediately struck me as odd...

Because I have tethered my phone to Windows 7 before and when I did that my phone showed a connection speed of 0.0kbps(like it should when tethered) while the PC showed 1Mbps speeds...
It was the opposite here in Windows 10.

But I let it download(like a fool) and by the time my PC downloaded that 66mb update, my PHONE had used up 1GB of data!!! That data went nowhere, just disappeared/wasted...

There were no processes or downloads running on my phone. My PC also was not running any background downloads, I made sure of that. The speed and data that should have been given to the PC just got wasted... it's still happening.
My PC Wifi runs okay though, the USB tethering is acting strangely like this...

I am at a loss, please help.