Question Usb to Gameport/ driver problem

Jul 23, 2019
Hello there,

I recently picked up an original sidewinder gamepad and wanted to use it on my XP machine; thinking I had a game port, I bought it without checking. I didn't have a game port. I then bought a USB - Gameport converter and still no luck. It says I need Drivers and to go to the device manager. in device manager, I see 4 USB human interface devices but no Game Port (I assume this is due to the fact it is using a converter). I really want to use this and other game port devices in the future (flight sticks/wheels) so getting a USB version is not an option. I tried auto searching for a Sidewinder, still no luck, and really need these drivers. Please help me to find them if you know where I can find them.

Thank you in advance.

Jul 23, 2019
I have now tried the file on my PC and it did not work. just a bunch of useless files. Thanks anyway.

I still need a fix for this and would greatly appreciate anyone that could help me.

First, your Game Port is a USB human interface device. The files are drivers that need to be manually installed. This means you need to go to the Device Manager, double click on a USB human interface device (or a yellow question mark), click the Driver tab, click Update driver and direct Device Manager to the location of the files, click okay and Device manager will load the new drivers if it is appropriate for the device (you may have to try more than one of the USB human interface device ). Again I have no idea if these will work, or even of they are safe.

TRENDING THREADS