USB to PS/2 adaptor on a gaming keyboard.

Cerberus_SV

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Hello to the community. What i wanted to ask you is this: I am planning on buying a new keyboard to replace my current 16 year old PS/2 keyboard. I have a slight issue though. My tower is even older and none of the power or reset buttons are functioning. Because of this, i have set my computer to boot from keyboard from BIOS settings and since it is PS/2, this is possible. I am thinking of buying the Logitech G Pro gaming keyboard but this is a USB device, so it will no longer be possible to start the computer. What happens if i use a USB to PS/2 adaptor? Will the keyboard function properly as it normally would in a usb port or will i have problems? I will eventually upgrade my tower too (it just might take some time) so this is more of a temporary solution.
Thank you in advance.

Solution
I doubt that will work the way you want. But, you can have two keyboards attached at the same time if it doesn't work; one usb and one ps2.

Cerberus_SV

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006

Oh my God you are right! Now i feel like an idiot for not thinking about this at first place.I might as well do that. I would still like to know though only out of pure curiosity if a modern gaming USB keyboard works properly if placed in the PS/2 port via adaptor.