[SOLVED] USB to RJ45 from pc to device

Swane

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
So what I want to ask is how can I make my PC tether Internet to a device using a USB to RJ45 adapter (tp-link ue200) when connecting the USB to the PC

Solution
Using the internet sharing function would let your PC function as desired. But it is a poor implementation compared to a $20 network switch.

Swane

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
My pc is connected to the router with an rj45, and the pc is in a different room from the router. I have a cable that goes through the wall from the room with the pc to a third room that has a device with an rj connection. I can buy a switch but my question is if I can use the adapter for the same purpose

It is only about $8 since you have to purchase the adapter. You then are going to basically convert you expensive pc into a dumb router to save that little. You have to be very careful what you run on the PC you are using to share the internet to not affect the traffic passing through it.

Maybe I am just getting too old but I just want things to work and not have to mess with them. A simple design tends to be more stable.