[SOLVED] USB Touched MotherBoard and Turned off PC

Jul 9, 2020
So I was going to plug in a USB to the back of my PC and I was in the dark and did not see the side the wire was and accidentally put the USB in backwards, this turned off my pc instantly and did not rebooted fine and had no errors or pop-ups. Just wondering if there is any possible long term damage.

Solution
Everything seems fine the USB is fine, I used it just after it happened and it worked fine, and my computer ran fine as I was playing some cs.
Okay, the short only causes error. That's good news then. Because is some cases, the USB is permanent dead.

And I dont know if this will help you, but I plugged the USB-C into the USB slot at the back, this just turned off my pc and then booted back up.
Ahh okay I understand now.
Actually I'm a little bit confused, because the contacts are only one one side of the socket/plug so putting the plug in the wrong way round will mean that no connection will be made.

The most possible is the USB damage the USB plug and/or socket and cause the short.
How the condition of the USB plug, and your systems ?

Jul 9, 2020
Everything seems fine the USB is fine, I used it just after it happened and it worked fine, and my computer ran fine as I was playing some cs.

And I dont know if this will help you, but I plugged the USB-C into the USB slot at the back, this just turned off my pc and then booted back up.

Okay, the short only causes error. That's good news then. Because is some cases, the USB is permanent dead.

Ahh okay I understand now.

Solution