USB, VGA not working after new Bios boot.

Mar 26, 2018
USB, VGA not working after new Bios boot.

I have a desktop computer that I didn't use for a while, I recently Installed to a new CPU,it lunches noramlly
and I get to this nostalgia as I saw my windows Xp service pack 2 and dived to my documents to see my legacy,
it was really joyful, but this windows is old and didn't run any driver setup's or softwares, I had to insall windows 7.
I found out the dvd writer is dead so I had to boot from usb, there i go to bios setting and adjust the boot.
after i reboot with the normal procedure of installing windows, i get stuck midway at "windows loading files", so I
reboot and the monitor goes black, as well the keyboard is off.
my bios settings were basic, boot from usb, disabled quick boot, and the ioapic function which this last one i'm not familiar
with as i thought it was causing the error that i had in prior boots "windows failed to start, ....insert disk.."

Cpu is intel pentium 4 x86 3.0ghz
Msi motherboard. msi motherboard ms 7529 ver 1.6
monitor and keyboard VGA, USB working fine.

note that i have a mouse that light up if connected only to front panel usb ports, however this same ports do not support keyboard
lan cable also light's up. in lan port,

I tried clearing Cmos and jumpers and swithed ram slots ...but nothing

Please guys, provide help.

Solution
If it's loaded defaults because of a low CMOS battery, then you will need a PS/2 keyboard to get into the BIOS to set it back to "Legacy USB." This setting emulates PS/2 devices from mouse and keyboard plugged into USB, for use before any USB drivers are loaded. And change the battery.

With 3GB RAM, that system should run 32-bit Windows 7 OK. With a Core 2 Quad it would run 64-bit Windows 10 fine as well. But as such a machine isn't really fast enough for general use today, it would've probably been better to just install SP3 for XP and use the registry edit to get updates for POSready 2009 until April 9, 2019.

While the multimedia bits (which aren't included in POSready) will remain unpatched, it's not like this would be a...
If it's loaded defaults because of a low CMOS battery, then you will need a PS/2 keyboard to get into the BIOS to set it back to "Legacy USB." This setting emulates PS/2 devices from mouse and keyboard plugged into USB, for use before any USB drivers are loaded. And change the battery.

With 3GB RAM, that system should run 32-bit Windows 7 OK. With a Core 2 Quad it would run 64-bit Windows 10 fine as well. But as such a machine isn't really fast enough for general use today, it would've probably been better to just install SP3 for XP and use the registry edit to get updates for POSready 2009 until April 9, 2019.

While the multimedia bits (which aren't included in POSready) will remain unpatched, it's not like this would be a primary machine for using the internet. A P4 at that speed would struggle with any video over 360p resolution.

Solution